A breakdown of everything you need to know to succeed in college on day 1, designed by graduates from Harvard, UMich, and more. This course helps students become comfortable with every aspect of the day to day experiences of being a college student, while also preparing them for a successful future.
The course is broken down into 7 classes of between 1 and 2 hours each. These will cover the following topics:
1) The practicals - Including immigration support, visa rules, and managing finances
2) Mapping out what matters - A guided reflection session designed to help students assess what's important to them now and in the future, and how to prioritize their goals
3) Managing relationships - Guidance on how to manage challenging roommates, partners, parties, and more
4) Managing stress - Guidance on how to handle mental health, homesickness, Too much homework, and the strains of college life
5) Use your school - Understanding what's available on students campuses, Including career services, counselling, extracurriculars, and access to internship opportunities
6) Introduction to American culture (for exchange students only) - Learn how Americans think and interact, better understand sexuality, race, and gender identity, and prepare for life on an American campus.
7) The future is now - Guidance on how to ace classes, charm professors, think about finances, and plan a career during college